Welcome to the OAS Training and Prevention Page!
Everyone is deserving and worthy of having healthy relationships; whether that is with friends, family, romantic partners, classmates, or even yourself. Workshops and programming on healthy relationship building is the foundation of creating a safe and healthy GW community.
OAS is available to lead or collaborate on a workshop for your student organization, residence hall, class, or staff/faculty group.
We are eager to build a workshop based on whatever you would like to discuss or learn. You can choose a workshop from our frequently requested topics or we can work with you to deliver a program that addresses your specific needs.
Frequently Requested Training Topics
- Healthy Communication About Sex and Relationships
- Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence, and Intimate Partner Violence 101
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment: Responsibilities and Strategies
- Bystander Intervention: Foundations of Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence, Rape Culture
- Community Building and Social Norm Setting: Consent and Healthy Relationships
- Trauma and Trauma-informed Care
How to Request A Training
You can request a training by filling out our Training Request Form. If possible, please request trainings at least two weeks in advance to give our Office time to prepare and work with you to make this training amazing!