The GW Police Department offers security services for events held on university property. The department reserves the right to refuse services based on need and circumstances.
- Any department or organization requesting security services will be charged an hourly rate for each officer to work an event. The standard rate is $47.90.
- There is a four-hour minimum charge per officer for security services.
- If the event is canceled or postponed without one business day notice prior to the start of the event, the department or individual will be charged for a minimum of four hours/officer requested.
- GWPD requires 3 business days notice to schedule security services for an event. The hourly charge will be doubled for requests that are received and honored with less than 3 business days notice.
- Payment for security services must be completed through Journal Entry with the numbers provided to GWPD on this form. Any exception to this must be specifically arranged and payment must occur prior to the event.
- GWPD must charge security services to account 59502. Please do not request services to be charged to another number. It cannot be done.